The Capital Jumpers would like to thank the Pan-Canadian COVID-19 Task Force for their efforts in creating the Return to Jump Rope Guidelines. On this page you will find updates pertinent to our practices and programs as well as documents related to our return to jump rope plan.
We are excited to return for the 2020-2021 season! We will be tentatively starting our programs in October. All of our programs will be running out of École élémentaire Édouard-Bond.
Due to a tentative start date for all of our programs, registration online will be set at $0. Once dates are set in stone, an invoice will be sent to each participant. Thank you for your cooperation.
Our tentative start date is October 6th at 6:30pm. The program will be 10 weeks in length at the cost of $100 (or $10/week). If the program needs to be cut shorter, a credit/price adjustment will be made accodingly. A program t-shirt is also available at $15.
Tryouts will be on October 5th starting at 6:30pm. Scheduled times will be sent out to all of those interested in joining the team. Membership for the year will be $355, a team swag add-on costs $100 (face mask, warm-up shirt, water bottle, and cinch bag). Start date of practices will be October 12th and run until May 2021. Competition dates have yet to be determined, and will be invoiced seperately once there is more details.
As you are aware, Canada and the World are currently experiencing a public health crisis with respect to COVID-19. Capital Jumpers is committed to the health and safety of the membership. In compliance with Public Health recommendations across the country, it is in the best interest that all practices, classes and events are postponed until further notice.
Our Junior Jumpers Spring session will be postponed. We hope to be able to offer a full-length spring program but will re-evaluate this decision on April 6th when all schools tentatively reopen. The program will still commit to it’s 8 weeks in length. For anyone who is unsure or would like to withdraw, we will gladly issue refunds or keep credit on your child’s account for the next time.
Competitive team practices have been cancelled during the 3-week closure of schools. We hope to resume practices when the schools reopen. A decision on this matter will also be made on April 6th. At this time, all competitions (provincials, nationals, worlds) have been postponed to an unknown date. We will provide notice of new dates once they are known.
At this time, we ask for your patience in this matter. These events are very fluid and are rapidly changing. Any updates or changes will be notified to all members of Capital Jumpers. For more information, we encourage you to look at Ottawa Public Health’s website (https://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/public-health-topics/novel-coronavirus.aspx)